Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Changes to my Blog...

For Awhile now I've been keeping this blog as updated as possible, however a lot of the information here is simply me copying information I have found for your viewing pleasure and presenting it to you. Although, more often than not I could have simply linked you to the information itself. However, that being said, Most of the time I have indeed added in my own opinions and views as well as a few of my own translations and interpretations on what things mean.

I've kept this site up because I have been a avid FFXI player since it's very beginning and have much pride in how proficient I was at that game. Because of this I was always at the cutting edge of new things, top notch gear, and the best strategies around. I took a lot of pride in finding out exactly what was the best gear combinations, job combinations and generally how to do things with peak performance in any kind of situation.

FFXI was my bread and butter and major hobby for the longest of times, however when the slightest rumor of a successor to the longstanding MMORPG was rumored to be in development years ago, I started my research. I started looking, lurking, and trying to find as much information as possible, I was even there back when everyone started calling it "Project Rapture". When FFXIV was announced at E3 I knew -many knew- it was going to be announced, so when the announcement of FFXIV did come forth I wanted to be on the forefront of data and up to the minute information on this sort of thing.

However, I have found that there are other sources of information (mainly the Japanese Magazines), and better translators than myself around, sadly... I have (with given credit) used a lot of the information (while adding my own to of course) on this site. But at the end of the day, their big teams and staffs can do a better and quicker job than I can.

So the time has come that I think some changes should be made... The fact is, this information is already available on other parts of the internet for your viewing pleasure, quicker than I can get it up. So I have decided simply to link to that information for you. Don't worry though, this will allow me to add up all the different sources in one place as fast as possible and keep them compiled (something most sites won't do so they keep their exclusiveness). But the main reason for all of this?

I will be able to write more articles simply on my own terms, about what we know. Not so much just information from Square Enix and the Japanese media, but what you can expect from a expert MMORPG gamers point of view, what to look for, etc. Think of it like those idiot's guides to everything (not that I'm implying there's any idiots on the internet...)

So I hope you all continue to enjoy my blog and the coming articles and information!

0 comments: