Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"The Campaign Code"


Recently rumors have spread about a code being issued in copies of the Japanese Final Fantasy XIII game (The new offline installment in the Final Fantasy RPG Universe). For awhile it was speculated upon what this code might be used for or what it might mean. The final conclusion that most had imagined ended up coming true in the end after all. The code will be used for two things, a special in game item for those who purchased the Japanese version of Final Fantasy XIII and a code to enter for a chance to play in the Playstation 3 Beta Test.

This got me wondering where our beta chances were, and where our special in game items would be. I fear not though, as I have believed for awhile now, if you trasfer over to FFXIV from FFXI, you will most likely be given some kind of in game item to show your diligence to Square Enix MMORPG's. Perhaps even a way to show how long you played FFXI? Because let's be real, I don't want some one who played for 3 months to have the same doo-dad on their character showing that they played FFXI, as my 6 year old character would sport around. This doesn't mean they shouldn't get something to though. My idea was perhaps a cape, one with different colors or perhaps a different emblem showing you played FFXI for 6+ months, 1+ years, 2+ years, 3+ years, etc.

I think this would be something very nice for the people who have shown Square Enix their dedication for many years. It doesn't have to give any big bonuses or what not, just a fluff item to show you've been around and know your stuff. Hell, I think it would even be neat to add one for folks who participate in the Beta. I really do hope these things come to pass, and if I had to bet I'd bet that they will! But what about the folks purchasing the English or other copies of Final Fantasy XIII? Well, only time will tell! I can say one thing though. Playstation 3 beta has been confirmed from Square Enix themselves to be implemented after the PC Beta Test versions. I imagine this code or any other like it will be for some of the final stages of beta, so don't fret my friends! Your chances will soon come.

For more information, check out Elmers article on Zam!

0 comments: